The Godfrey Account Manager is an experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic team player with the ability to stimulate enthusiasm in others. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual that also possesses highly developed communication, presentation, project and program management skills.
Account Managers are responsible for managing business-to-business communications programs as well as individual projects. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation of tasks and task-specific management of others for the overall success of projects and programs. Account Managers are the key day-to-day interface between the agency and our clients.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, and Learning) into overall position responsibilities.
Client Relationships and Financial Success:
- Responsible for researching, planning, proposing and managing programs, under the supervision of the Account Group Manager or other supervisor.
- Expected to maintain sustainable, annual revenue of $500,000 to $1,000,000 (and/or gross income of $300,000 to $600,000).
- Build strong working relationships with clients and work effectively with internal teams.
- Work with, present and “sell” to a wide range of people at client companies.
- Manage programs and projects, estimating, monitoring internal and external costs, budget control, margin enhancement and billing.
- Maintain the profitable short- and long-term growth of existing accounts; be willing to contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop the aptitude for developing or contributing to marketing communications strategy connected to business and/or marketing goals and strategies as expressed by clients.
- Become skilled and successful at developing, presenting, implementing and managing tactical plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
- Maintain a billable ratio of 70-80% with a 60% billed ratio by focusing on billable account management and project management tasks.
- Work with Associate Account Managers, depending on the needs of the clients, but generally not expected to have supervisory responsibility.
- Embrace marketing communications technologies as they emerge and become appropriate for client programs.
- Practice B2B marketing and communications principles in general and Godfrey’s practices in particular.
- Participate in agency initiatives such as the Venture Teams.
Education, Experience and Capabilities
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: communications, marketing, advertising, liberal arts. Foreign language study and proficiency a plus.
- 5+ year(s) of experience in marketing communications with at least 3 of those years working on integrated programs.
- Understanding of, and devotion to, the principles of integrated marketing and marketing communications.
- Experienced or enthusiastic about digital marketing technologies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)