The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Accounting Assistant to work directly with the Accounting Manager.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management (including the Moove In Self Storage portfolio), development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 30 people overall with 10 of those in the home office. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
We are seeking a Accounting Assistant who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro‐active in supporting administration and operations.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple entities at one time, and change gears quickly.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects come up.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, knowing that any issue that arises can be overcome, solved, eradicated, left behind, gotten around, defeated and just plain taken care of!
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Entering cash receipts and deposits
- Routing of vendor invoices for approval
- Accounts payable entry and disbursement
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Posting of monthly journal entries to be reviewed by management
- Occasional governmental reporting
- Monthly sales tax filings and reporting
- Record retention and filing
- Assist with compiling monthly and ad-hoc financial reports – spreadsheet preparation
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of experience with accounting software. Preference will be given to candidates who possess proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel. Real estate experience is certainly a plus but not required. And of course a pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
How to ApplyApplication Process:
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://goo.gl/KHDRzs
- We will then contact you for further details such as your resumé.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.