The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies is seeking a York based Accounting Manager to work directly with the CFO.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate centric entities focused on the self storage industry. The various companies provide brokerage services, feasibility studies, property management (including the Moove In Self Storage portfolio), development and construction services, general self storage consulting and insurance products. In addition, we own a portfolio of self storage properties. Our market area includes the eight States in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC currently employs 30 people overall with 10 of those in the home office, where this position will be based. We have converted an old stone grist mill built in 1831 and the adjoining miller’s house into our offices. The setting is rural and safe. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. IREGC employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented, yet have an understanding of the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Present a positive impression to the firm’s customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Be extremely pro-active in supporting administration and operations.
- Possess the ability to work on multiple entities at one time, and change gears quickly.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects come up.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver; not a person who necessarily does things because “that’s the way they’ve always been done”.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude, knowing that any issue that arises can be overcome, solved, eradicated, left behind, gotten around, defeated and just plain taken care of!
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for a portfolio of income producing real estate investments.
- Prepare monthly management budget to actual variance analysis.
- Review and reconcile all general ledger accounts through the preparation and completion of accurate and timely journal entries.
- Monitor cash flows in portfolio of real estate investments ensuring vendors are paid timely and receipts are collected timely.
- Manage the Accounting Assistant to ensure:
- All bank reconciliations are completed and reviewed for consistency and accuracy.
- Intercompany billings and receipts are transacted accurately and timely.
- Payments, receipts and closing entries are recorded timely and accurately.
- Property Managers are supported to perform monthly variance analyses.
- Sales tax filings are executed online monthly for each property.
- Assist on all accounting, budgeting, reporting, collections and disbursements matters.
- Recommend and execute expense re-classifications, as appropriate.
- Assist with the annual budget process.
- Serve as primary liaison with outsourced HR and Payroll service.
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 5+ years of real estate property/fund accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks required.
- Strong skills in MS Excel and Word required.
- Good understanding of GAAP and general accounting processes.
- Manage priorities and workflow appropriately.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Maintain high standards of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, work well under deadlines, multi-task and maintain error free record keeping.
How to ApplyApplication Process:
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: https://goo.gl/AEC7d7
- We will then contact you for further details such as a resumé and a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.