Administrative Medical Assistant (CMA)
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is recruiting for an Administrative Medical Assistant (Certified Medical Assistant – CMA) in Lancaster, PA. We are looking for a person who is outgoing, organized, team players with outstanding customer services skills to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
At CSG, Administrative Medical Assistants are responsible for gathering vital signs of clients who come to CSG provider locations, as well as maintaining the accuracy and integrity of client information and assisting with the administrative duties of the assigned provider location. As member of the Business Operations team, Administrative Medical Assistants will learn and be cognizant of the principles of Trauma Informed Care, Recovery and Resiliency, and Self Determination in order to fulfill the duties of their role, and understanding the reason for CSG’s existence is the assurance of the highest level of quality to the individuals in our care.
We are currently recruiting for PRN (Flexible) positions:
- Hours will be available Monday to Thursday between 7:30 A and 5:30 P and on Friday from 7:30 A to 5:00 P. Those looking for early morning (7:30) and early evening (5:30) hours are encourage to apply!
Administrative Medical Assistants are responsible for the following duties:
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in a friendly and professional manner and answering and referring inquiries appropriately.
- Interviews clients to obtain medical information and measures their vital signs (blood pressure, weight, and height).
- Provides and reviews client education materials to enhance quality of care and improve overall health.
- Documents clinical information and response to educational materials in Electronic Health Record.
- Maintains supplies and equipment and keeps vital sign area and reception area neat and clean.
- Promotes and assists clients with enrolling in web and mobile tools such as the Patient Portal and myStrength.
- Optimizes client and visitor satisfactions, as well as provider time by scheduling appointments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps client appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of client’s arrival and insuring wait time is kept to CSG standards.
- Comforts clients by anticipating clients’ anxieties and answering their questions.
- Maintains client accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating demographic and financial information and completing Authorizations to Release and Exchange Information documents.
- Obtains payment for services by recording and updating financial/insurance information, recording and collecting client charges, and advising on payment options.
- Provides support to clinicians by processing letters, system updates and other requests.
- Provides registration support to remote locations as needed.
- Performs administrative opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Provides support to the help desk system as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be considered you must have the following qualifications:
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and have a High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulation or policy.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.