Experience the joy of meaningful work with this pioneering company whose mission is to break the cycle of poverty by creating work opportunities for artisans in developing countries throughout the world. The Advancement Coordinator will have the opportunity to play a vital role in this mission by building new ways to share the stories of artisan partners with patrons. Join in a culture that is bold enough to believe that together we thrive and every individual within the company has a valued part in building a better world.
The Advancement Coordinator is responsible for administrative and digital aspects of the Advancement Department which brings in funding and resources from donors to sustain growth. The Advancement Coordinator will handle a variety of support and communications tasks related to institutional and individual giving and participate in the fundraising activities, including digital strategies, of the department.
A successful candidate in this role will accurately maintain donor management database and online giving system, create fundraising communications, process and acknowledge donations within 48 hours, coordinate the production of assigned appeals and maintain donor hard copy files.
This position supports and contributes to the Ten Thousand Villages mission by:
raising assets and resources from various sources to fund critical organizational initiatives.
- Coordinate and implement a digital fundraising model, leveraging key digital platforms for the expansion of donor relationships and revenue growth.
- Coordinate production of year end appeal, charity checkout, and one-day giving campaigns including all related communications.
- Process donations and acknowledgement letters.
- Update and maintain donor management database files and department files.
- Conduct analysis and create reports as needed.
- Support event planning activities.
- Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the position’s success and the mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience, and minimum three years’ experience in a related position, preferably in a non-profit advancement department
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines while managing, organizing and prioritizing multiple, competing tasks
- Excellent computer and technological skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office 365
- Database management experience
- Digital/online fundraising experience such as email fundraising, online giving software management, social media giving campaigns, crowdfunding and person to person campaigns
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Types of Interaction (internal):
- Marketing, Creative, Accounting Departments
- Company Store Managers
- Contract Store staff/boards
Type of Interaction (external):
- Donors – corporations, foundations and individuals
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment, requires close visual acuity, frequent typing, and both hearing and talking abilities. While the role is largely sedentary, occasional bending, lifting of up to 10 pounds, and ability to move throughout the building is necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.