Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Student and Recent Alumni Outreach
As the Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Student and Recent Alumni Outreach, you are a member of the team responsible for meeting the dollar and donor goals of the Franklin & Marshall Fund. You are responsible for the management of the Student Annual Giving outreach program. This includes, but is not limited to, the hiring, training and supervision of student employees, setting and meeting dollar and donor goals for the program, and the ongoing formation of strategies to meet those goals. You will work closely with members of the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations teams to plan and execute solicitations, events and stewardship for graduates of the last five years, including helping to organize the 5th Reunion.
Dollar and donor goals for these programs are set by you and the Director, and success in attaining these goals is used as a measure of performance. In all responsibilities, you are expected to proactively recommend improvements related to your own areas of responsibility, initiate actions in support of department goals, use good judgment in making departmental decisions in the Director’s absence, and work with confidential information in a professional manner.
Evening and weekend work is required to staff regular evening and Sunday outreach shifts (approximately 42 weeks of the year). You will manage student shifts, and their daytime hours can be adjusted accordingly to provide for better work-life balance. In weeks with no student calling, you in consultation with the Director, will have the option to adjust your schedule to meet the needs of the office.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, manage and evaluate the Student Annual Giving outreach program, including the Dip Dialer program, to ensure annual growth in dollars and donors, and employment of approximately 40 student employees. Recruit, train, and provide leadership for paid callers. Set goals and design and implement a strategy to achieve goals. Proactively identify, propose, and implement program enhancements to achieve objectives.
- Align the Dip Dialer calling calendar and student outreach calendar for other media following the overall Annual Giving segmentation strategy.
- Coordinate and staff athletic and affinity phone-a-thons.
- Work with Alumni Relations and Annual Giving during events such as Homecoming and Reunion.
- Participate in the recruitment of non-Reunion, Annual Giving-focused volunteers.
- Participate in constituent solicitation as necessary.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior fundraising experience
- Previous experience supervising volunteers or student employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn College Advancement systems and tools
- Must have a genuine interest in the College’s alumni, students, current projects and reputation
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.