Assistant Program Director
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for a caring, motivated & dependable leader to join our team of dedicated professionals in Lancaster County!
We are recruiting for an Assistant Program Director for our NEW Adult Mental Health Transition To Community Program in Lancaster, PA. This is a full-time position (40 hr/wk) that offers a complete Medical Insurance and Benefits package for those who qualify!
The Transition To Community Program will be a 6 bed Residential Treatment Facility for Adults. Individuals referred to this program may have varied backgrounds that might include involvement with the criminal justice system, incarceration, probation or parole. Additionally, this program will receive referrals from other venues such as State Hospitals, Acute Care Hospitals, Extended Acute Care Hospitals and other residential programs. The goal of the program is to connect the individuals with the community as soon as possible. This would include building a support system, accessing programming and services, securing affordable housing, understanding the public transportation system etc. depending upon each individual’s goals.
At CSG, an Assistant Program Director performs professional staff work assisting in the supervision of mental health and/or mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disability programs and location operation at the direction of the program director and in the absence of the program director.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists Program Director with general program management.
- Monitors program and staff compliance to all company policies and procedures and all regulatory standards.
- Supervises, trains, and oversees the performance management of all staff.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of staff.
- Develops educational and training materials, presents educational materials on various aspects of programs, and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Ensures the development and implementation of individual program plans and activities.
- Reviews financial documentation/billing and performs on-site audits of individuals’ funds and petty cash funds.
- Ensures that location is safe, comfortable and well maintained.
- Serves as team leader for staff interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Directs and ensures effectiveness of program’s daily operations including incident management.
- Fulfills duties and responsibilities of the Program Director in a temporary acting capacity in the absence of Program Director.
- Transports individuals in personal or company vehicle for meetings, appointments, or community activities.
- Assists in the development of data collection methods to report and monitor program activities, analyzes data to determine if the activities provided are meeting program goals.
- Responds to emergency situations and provides leadership.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:Minimum Education, Credentials, and Experience (must have 1 of the following):
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university,1 year of work experience working directly with persons who have mental illness and/or mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disabilities and at least 1 year supervision/management experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, 2 years of work experience working directly with individuals who have mental illness and/or mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disabilities and at least 1 year supervision/management experience; OR
- An associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 3 years of work experience working directly with individuals who have mental illness and/or mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disabilities and at least 1 year supervision/management experience.
Special Requirements (must have all of the following):
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must be able to travel to trainings/meetings upon request of program director.
- Must be able to drive passenger vans and accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions in the community while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
- Be available to on-call to meet program as needed.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.