Assistant to the CIO & IT Procurement Coordinator
As the Assistant to the CIO and Coordinator of IT Procurement (ACCIP), you will assure the smooth operation of all administrative functions of ITS. This position has two primary functions: 1) providing timely and proactive administrative support to the CIO/VP for ITS; and 2) serving as the IT Procurement Coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the schedule, calendar, and primary office phone for the CIO to include redirecting calls and inquiries made via the ITS main office number to the Help Desk and other IT Directors and CISO. As needed, provides administrative support to the Directors of ITS and CISO.
- Serves as facility manager for meetings/events spaces managed by ITS.
- Manages all departmental files to include copies of all IT contracts, POs and invoices. Maintains appropriate retention periods for print and electronic records.
- Provides coordination and support for all hiring-related work in ITS, arranging schedules, travel and accommodation for candidates as needed.
- Works closely with the CIO to track the IT operating and capital budgets during the current cycle and assists in preparing annual budget proposals for future cycles.
- Receives and processes all IT invoices following defined College and internal IT processes for review and approval for payment. This includes securing purchase orders and processing invoices presented for payment by the CIO, Directors, or CISO.
- Works closely with the College Business Office to set up new vendors, resolves accounting issues or errors and tracks down additional documentation when needed.
- Following IT internal control procedures for review and approval prior to processing, places orders for College departments for IT equipment, monitors and alerts those requesting that orders have been received and are available for pick up/delivery or processing and preparation by TSS staff.
- Provides support and organization for ITS events, to include scheduling venues, catering, etc.
- Manages billing procedures for College leased printer/copiers and telephone system to include internal charge-backs.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and processing for monthly college procurement card reconciliation for all IT staff with a college-provided credit card.
- Maintains departmental phone list and email groups.
- Monitors and orders departmental supplies and various computer peripherals that ITS routinely keeps in stock (dongles, keyboards, etc.).
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of broad service experience.
- Ability to answer phones, and expertly operate a computer and other office equipment for administrative functions. Deep familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage a busy office with competing demands for attention from phones, visitors and email inquiries.
- Ability to manage and maintain paper and electronic records.
- Ability to write clear, accurate documentation.
- Experience with Banner, Cognos or other procurement and reporting systems preferred.
- Experience with Google Apps preferred.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.