Assistant/Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
The Assistant/Associate Director of Alumni Engagement will create, implement and continually assess comprehensive, integrated digital alumni engagement and fundraising strategies. Using short and long-range programming goals, tactics and content creation aimed at increasing alumni engagement. S/he will report to the Director of Alumni Relations and work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and the Director of Annual Giving to accomplish these goals. The Assistant/Associate Director will manage key volunteers dedicated to engaging their peers and furthering the reach of College messages and work in conjunction with College Advancement leaders to support the work of the Franklin and Marshall Fund Steering Committee.
The position will be filled as an assistant or associate director based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple virtual engagement platforms to execute digital engagement strategy; integrating newly created digital content by utilizing existing marketing and communication mediums.
- Collaborating with Annual Giving and Advancement Communications staff to incorporate targeted solicitation and social media strategies that support giving campaigns.
- Providing analysis on the performance of engagement strategies and developing digital engagement metrics.
- Overseeing and directing the development, creation, management and posting of virtual engagement and programming initiatives to foster alumni interaction and networking with each other, with students and faculty/staff.
- Recruiting and managing alumni volunteers to serve as digital media ambassadors, advocates and supporters. Serving as the staff liaison for digital alumni volunteers, responsible for providing them with support and strategic direction.
- Developing strategy and implementing the use of social media tools for special projects including Homecoming and Family Weekend, Alumni Weekend, regional alumni events and affinity gatherings.
- Establishing and expanding relationships within campus community on strategic virtual engagement and programming initiatives.
- Building and managing relationships with F&M alumni, influencers and leaders to encourage active involvement in and passionate sharing of key initiatives.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 or more years of work experience in fundraising or alumni engagement, preferably in a higher education setting
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Proficiency in social medial platforms
- Genuine interest in the College’s alumni, its students, its current projects and its reputation
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.