Behavioral Services Specialist II
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for a caring and compassionate person to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
We are recruiting for a Behavioral Services Specialist II (BSS II) for our Adult Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Residential Services in York, Adams and Lebanon Counties. This is a full-time (40 hr/wk) salaried position that offers a complete Medical Insurance and Benefits package for those who qualify! This position will be based out of our York Office and travel will be required to settings where services are performed. Paid travel time and mileage reimbursement are provided. No on-call required!
The Behavioral Services Specialist II is responsible for the development of behavioral and social programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) served by Community Services Group (CSG) in a variety of settings. The Behavioral Services Specialist II works closely with supervisory and direct service staff to monitor the development and implementation of behavioral programs. This position is responsible for ensuring individuals’ rights and quality programming in accordance with the principles of self-determination, positive approaches, recovery and resiliency and CSG policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes motivational and functional assessments of individuals’ behavioral, social and academic status to evaluate appropriateness for admission, progress in treatment, transfer or discharge.
- Participates in the development of individual service or treatment plans to determine long and short term goals.
- Reviews individual service plans with program specialists to ensure accuracy, thoroughness and recommends revisions as individuals’ needs change.
- Develops and assists direct service staff in developing goal plans and behavioral support plans for individuals.
- Monitors individuals’ progress through on-site visits, data collection, and periodic assessments to ensure appropriate and adequate programs.
- Supervises the completion of periodic progress reports and monitors all program records to guarantee active rehabilitation.
- Trains support staff in behavioral management techniques and other training topics in order to improve staff’s effectiveness.
- Acts as a resource person, provides technical assistance to program specialist or behavior services specialist I, and supports staff in areas related to behavioral programming.
- Participates in team meetings, medical appointments etc. relating to individuals as requested in order to provide guidance and support to staff.
- Attends and participates in related committees as requested.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Credentials and Experience:
- A graduate of an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in special education, psychology, public health, rehabilitation, social work, speech pathology, audiology, occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation, or another closely related field and two years of direct experience with individuals with mental illness/mental retardation/intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Experience in the following areas preferred but not required:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Dual Diagnosis.
- Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Positive Behavioral Supports.
- Bio-Psycho-Social Model.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, and meetings.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.