Card Services Manager
As the Card Services Manager, you will oversee the College’s ID card program and systems, to include the ID card office and card production, the smooth integration of other card services such as student meal plans, charging for printing/copying and the College’s integrated door access control system. You will serve as the primary liaison with card vendor(s) and various campus stakeholders and also assure data/transaction integrity.
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the card office, card production for all employees and students. Train and oversee student workers who will most typically print cards and manage service window. Train and support other personnel on campus who will have access to make door access temporary exceptions.
- Assure the continuous smooth integration of the College ID card system with the door access control system, library system, dining/meal plan systems, Ben’s Bucks, etc. to include taking the lead in investigating and resolving issues either directly or in partnership with others responsible for system data feeds.
- Directly facilitate all requested, and allowable exceptions and one-time door access changes. From time to time this may require responding to an urgent after-hours change. Assure all events scheduled through EMS that have door access considerations are scheduled appropriately.
- Maintain accounting procedures for all card services, department budgets and other related accounting activity for printing/copying, etc. This includes lead responsibility for processing monthly departmental chargebacks for printing/copying and monthly student charges for printing/copying and facilitating refunds as required. Working with the Director of Housing, the individual in this role also inputs all meal plan related changes following the initial one-time data feed each semester.
- Work directly with other ITS personnel, Facilities & Operations and numerous vendors to plan and oversee the installation and configuration of additional access-controlled doors and to plan for other service changes and technology upgrades that enhance the community’s ability to leverage the College’s card program.
- Evaluate and administer card/access control policies and procedures. This includes frequent compliance auditing.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years relevant experience required
- Advanced knowledge of office productivity tools such as the Google Apps for Education Suite such as GMail, Google Docs/Sheets and Slides and Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Advanced knowledge of databases such as ID Card System, Access Control System, Print Management System and EMS required
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.