Communications and Community Engagement Specialist
VisionCorps, a values driven organization providing services to individuals who are blind or vision impaired, has an exciting employment opportunity for a Full-Time Communications and Community Engagement Specialist in our Lancaster office.
The individual applying for this position must possess an Associates’ Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or Business. 3+ years of Marketing and Communications experience required, experience in non-profit a plus! Knowledge of and experience with networking, community engagement and public speaking also required. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Promotes the image of VisionCorps in all communities through printed and/or digital materials, website content, social media content, special events, community relations and media relations.
• Coordinates internal resources to be responsive to supporters seeking to engage as volunteers or partners (manages those within Marketing).
• Creates copy and manages visual content creation for all internal departments (Rehabilitation, Foundation, Enterprise Group, New Business & Sales).
• Serves as first copy-editor for public-facing text and copy.
• Manages deadlines of internal projects with external vendors.
• Assists in planning, promoting and executing VisionCorps events.
• Supports and promotes Rehabilitation Services throughout all counties.
• Identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that provide or may be in a position to provide referrals to VisionCorps.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with local business/employers to promote volunteerism.
• Attends external community events and engagement opportunities, building strong relationships with local business and the non-profit sector (may include evenings and weekends).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
• Ability to sit for periods of the time.
• Ability to travel independently and safely.
• Reliable transportation preferred.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. when required.
VisionCorps offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance and more. For more information on our company and to apply please visit http://www.visioncorps.net/about/careers/openings/
VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of VisionCorps is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action participant – Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran