Communications & Branding Fellow
The Office of Student and Post-Graduate Development (OSPGD) invites qualified candidates to apply for the newly-created role of Communications and Branding Fellow. This position will support all aspects of OSPGD’s communications and marketing systems to achieve brand awareness, generate relevant and timely content, and manage OSPGD’s marketing to internal and external constituencies. This position will also support OSPGD’s advising team by conducting personal branding advising sessions and related programming for students on how to articulate their liberal arts experience via their resumes, social media profiles, networking and interview experiences. With ongoing training, mentorship and hands-on opportunities, the Fellow will develop valuable leadership, strategic planning, project management, marketing and operational competencies.
- Assist with executing a communications plan based on OSPGD’s services, successes, programs and events, including developing and editing content for social media platforms, and designing promotional communications and materials;
- Work with OSPGD’s operations team to develop and maintain OSPGD’s website and social media channels;
- Facilitate channels and partnerships for increased student and alumni engagement with OSPGD’s resources, while engaging in ongoing community outreach to gauge student and alumni needs and feedback about the same;
- Participate in team meetings and retreats to report on operational updates and participate in strategic planning discussions;
- Mentor and oversee student interns who support OSPGD’s communications systems.
Personal Branding (30%)
- Advise students on how to effectively articulate the academic, co- curricular and extracurricular aspects of their liberal arts experiences on paper, online, and verbally;
- Host weekly drop-in sessions for student and group advising;
- Deliver programming and training on personal branding.
This is a one year position from 7/30/17 to 6/30/18.
Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree with experience directly relating to Fellow’s duties and responsibilities as specified above – 2017 graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong detail-orientation and time management skills;
- Experience using social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and sustain relationships with a broad range of on- and off-campus constituencies;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; experience with graphic design programs, website editing, and Google forms and document templates strongly preferred;
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently on multiple projects of importance to the College.
College housing is available for this position at no charge but the employee will be responsible for paying taxes on this benefit.
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.