Community Homeless Assessment and Referral Team Worker
Tabor Community Services in Lancaster, Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time staff person for the County-wide homeless services coordinated assessment system known as CHART.
Tabor, a non-profit housing and financial counseling organization that has served Lancaster County for 49 years, provides a comprehensive and integrated array of services and programs designed to help people meet challenges they face with housing and managing their finances. Tabor assists 4600 client family cases each year.
CHART is operated by Tabor on behalf of the Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness (LCCEH) and provides standardized and coordinated assessment and referral services for everyone who is seeking services from the local network of homeless services providers.
The CHART Worker, who reports to the CHART Manager, will provide professional direct customer/client service for everyone who is referred to or seeking services from the CHART System.
The CHART Worker will be responsible to:
- Conduct initial screenings for those who walk in or choose not to use the 2-1-1 Call Center
- Conduct standardized in-depth assessments for all those referred by the initial screening process.
- Explore options with clients to provide diversion from shelter when possible
- Make appropriate referrals to programs and services as determined by the assessment
- Enter all data and information from initial screenings (when needed), assessments, and referrals into HMIS, the Homeless Management Information System
- Provide short-term case management services as needed for persons who complete a CHART assessment and are diverted from shelter
- Associate’s degree in social work or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field strongly preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish very important and strongly preferred
- Preference given to applicants with a year or more of case management experience
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a team required
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, staff of other agencies, and the general public
- Training and/or experience in mediation and problem solving helpful
- Well-developed interviewing and assessment skills desired
- Experience using client management information systems in human services helpful
- Knowledge of and experience in the homeless services field desired
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations to be served
- Ability to represent Tabor in the community
- A valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle are required
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction, resume, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references by e-mail to email@example.com
Review of resumes will begin on June 26, 2017 and will continue until the CHART worker position is filled.
For more info and a full job description, visit our website Employment Opportunities.