Community Integration Specialist
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for a caring and compassionate person to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
We are recruiting for a Community Integration Specialist for our Adult Mental Health IHelp Community Based Services Program in Lancaster, PA. This is a part-time position that offers a flexible 20 hour per week schedule.
The Community Integration Specialist is responsible for developing and facilitating individualized programs of functional skills instruction to promote independence, interdependence, and community integration. This instruction is individually scheduled and can be implemented in the individual’s residential setting and/or community settings. The Community Integration Specialist may also facilitate group activities and community experiences.
The IHELP program is a housing support program where the community integration specialist assists and supports the individuals with finding and maintaining housing.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this opportunity include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interviews individual and individual representative to gather pertinent demographic psychosocial information.
- Completes strengths assessment and needs analysis with individual.
- Develops recovery-oriented, time-limited, comprehensive plans in cooperation with individual and or individual representatives.
- Develops and facilitates skills instruction in appropriate setting.
- Documents program information and other contacts, maintaining accurate, complete records and producing clear, accurate reports.
- Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members and residential providers; participates in meetings and provides relevant information.
- Coordinates needed services for individuals, families, and others who are significant to the recovery plan.
- Utilizes community resources to promote community integration.
- Accompanies individuals on appointments related to their recovery goals.
- Provides coverage in emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position you must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field from an accredited college or university; OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university or 60 college credits and two years of working experience in programs for individuals with mental illness/substance abuse issues/co-occurring disorders; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
Key Words: ADL’s, Community Integration, Community Involvement, Social Work, Case Worker, Community Integration Specialist, Social Worker, Social Services, Human Services, MH, Mental Health