Front Desk Receptionist
The person in this position greets and addresses the needs of all business callers and guests with a high degree of attention and care. We expect our front desk receptionist to maintain a professional attitude, an efficient workspace, and reflect our service-oriented culture toward all guests and employees. Guests include clients, prospective clients, prospective employees, various media representatives (publishers, editors, and sales reps), a range of other vendors who help us serve our clients’ needs, and other professionals who help us manage our business.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey’s Core Values – Fascination, Drive, Partnership and Transparency – into their overall responsibilities.
- Greet and interface with guests and employees as they enter the lobby area.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized front desk and lobby area for both visitors and employees.
- Answer the telephone, announce and transfer calls to the appropriate employee.
- Respond to questions and provide callers with information such as company address, directions, fax numbers, and other related information.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as data entry, filing, photocopying, and faxing for the organization. Also, distribute incoming faxes to appropriate employees.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and other deliveries for the entire organization.
- Prepare Fed-Ex packages and outgoing mail from all departments.
- Maintain adequate stock of office and hospitality supplies. Create orders for approval when additional inventory is needed.
- Set up and coordinate catering and hospitality needs for events and meetings. This includes ordering food/beverages, stocking refrigerators, customizing lobby video display, conference room set up and clean up.
- Maintain and update parking assignments for visitors.
- Prepare daily bank deposits for remote deposit.
- Issue employee anniversary notices to supervisors.
- Book agency travel via online sites and create itineraries for our employees.
- Provide general office support and a variety of clerical activities primarily for the Business Support Group and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide assistance to the Business Support Group, such as coding and entering payables and receivables.
Education, Experience and Preferred Qualities
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3 years working in an administrative or executive assistant position is required.
- 3 years prior front desk and/or receptionist experience is required.
- 1-3 years accounts payable experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Punctuality is required.
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and be knowledgeable of telephone protocol.
- Knowledge and operation of a multi-line phone system.
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and Outlook and Adobe Illustrator with the ability to learn new software programs (FedEx, Advantage, AdAssist, etc.).
- General understanding of basic accounting principles is desired.
- Qualities of dedication, reliability, and strong awareness of surroundings and daily activities.
- Must be able to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.