Grounds and Maintenance Technician
Select Security has an immediate opening for a dedicated Building Maintenance technician. We operate in downtown Lancaster City and the Corporate facility has nearly two dozen offices, several common areas and three bathrooms that require constant support and maintenance. The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing, electrical and mechanical maintenance as well as any other duties assigned by the Fleet/Facilities Manager.
We’re looking for a professional who can take the initiative and help anticipate problems before they occur. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with employees, management, visitors and anyone else he or she encounters on the job.
A typical day consists of:
- Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in the building.
- Communicate with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance.
- Receive and respond to employee reports of mechanical or maintenance issues on their premises.
- Work with tools and supplies necessary to complete projects.
- Calibrate and maintain instruments and tools required for job responsibilities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What you bring to us:
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical and mechanical maintenance in a commercial environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve various maintenance issues around the premise.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and electronic aptitude.
- Willingness to learn and grow within our company.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ambitious, honest and reliable.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Available to work on weekends, some holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
What we bring to you:
- Dynamic work environment within a rapidly growing organization.
- Competitive pay
- Insurance Benefits/Paid Time Off/ Paid Holiday
Select Security is a rapidly growing company, providing tens of thousands of homes and businesses with comprehensive security, life safety, and home automation and convenience solutions across the multiple states we serve. Our dedication to customer service and providing a world-class experience is evident in the many awards we’ve received, including being named ‘2014 Installer of the Year’ by a national trade magazine. We invite the highest caliber talent to join us as we continue to grow, and help us in our mission to protect the communities where we live and work.