HR Administrator (Generalist)
Franklin & Marshall College fosters qualities of intellect, creativity, and character to allow our students to live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world. The Franklin & Marshall College Human Resources Office plays a pivotal role in enabling the College to achieve its strategic priorities by attracting, empowering, and supporting an exceptional community of faculty, professional staff and retirees.
We welcome applicants for a Human Resources Administrator (Generalist) position that administers generous and comprehensive benefit plans, provides expert knowledge of College policies, and maintains data in Banner, an integrated Human Resources Information System. This full-time (non-exempt) position is a compelling opportunity for an experienced human resources professional who is energized by the opportunity to provide first contact support to a diverse community.
The Human Resources Administrator (Generalist) will work with a team of colleagues to:
- Administer a wide array of benefits, which include health, prescription drug, dental, and vision benefits; Flexible Spending Accounts, tuition assistance; a 403(b) retirement plan, and paid leaves.
- Interpret and administer College policies and compliance governing COBRA, Workers’ Compensation and unemployment.
- Guide and educate community members in personalized meetings and group forums to assure complete understanding of benefit offerings and college policies.
- Accurately enter data in the Human Resources Information System and maintain data integrity by performing continuous audits of system inputs and outputs.
- Support the full cycle hiring functions of attracting, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees, while providing exemplary support to the hiring managers, applicants, candidates and new employees.
- Creatively and proactively review day to day procedures to offer process and procedure enhancements.
- Offer a solution-focused mindset while continuously strengthening and improving our service to the College community.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
The ideal candidate will offer at least three years of human resources office work experience and a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field; a combination of other education and experience may be considered. A current and strong knowledge of federal, state and local laws pertaining to human resources is essential. Previous experience in higher education is preferred, but not required.
The ideal candidate will embrace the need to be flexible with daily work activities based on changing department needs and be able to prioritize their work accordingly. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is required with a strong focus on identifying and proactively resolving issues. The ideal candidate will take pride in staying current on human resources knowledge and engaging in professional communities that promote learning and the sharing of best practices.
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.