IT Support Specialist
Ten Thousand Villages
Position Title: IT Support Specialist
Reports To: IT Director
Location: Home Office – Akron, PA
Department: Information Technology
Effective Date/Revision Date: December 2018
Working Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position. Normal office hours; occasional evening or weekend hours.
The IT Support Specialist provides user and system set-up and support for Ten Thousand Villages. This includes support for home office staff in the office and working remotely, for our warehouse staff, and for the staff at Ten Thousand Villages stores.
This position supports and contributes to the Ten Thousand Villages mission by:
Ensuring that office, warehouse, and store staff have functional technology and that users are configured properly with appropriate roles and permissions. Great technology support allows staff to focus on buying, warehousing, shipping, and selling artisan-made products.
Support, User Set-up, and Network/System Administration (60%)
- Provide primary telephone and email support to Ten Thousand Villages office, warehouse, and store staff using our ticketing system.
- Maintain the Ten Thousand Villages computer network, performing duties such as user set-up and configuration, computer set-up and troubleshooting, network management that promotes security, and system backup, as necessary.
- Provide primary support and training for the Microsoft Office 365 suite as needed, including Outlook, Skype for Business, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams. Assist with support for other enterprise systems including Microsoft Dynamics Nav, LS Retail, HighJump Warehouse Edge, and Jet Reports.
- Provide primary setup of office and warehouse PCs. Assist with configuration and setup of store systems.
E-mail Administration (10%)
- Manage and maintain our e-mail server and clients using Exchange and Office 365.
- Set up, configure, migrate and remove users, mailboxes, global contacts, and groups as necessary.
- Monitor and troubleshoot inbound/outbound messaging issues as needed.
- Ensure address books are maintained by appropriate users or departments.
- Monitor and maintain e-mail spam solutions.
Assist with IT Projects and Security (30%)
- Assist with roll-out of IT initiatives to office, warehouse or stores as needed.
- Implement security practices in the office and warehouse as prescribed by Ten Thousand Villages PCI-DSS (payment card industry-data security standards) policies and practices.
- Identify potential security threats and provide insight into their mitigation.
- Analyze and resolve vulnerability issues; use, install, and maintain anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the success of IT and our mission.
- Passion for learning, discovering, and taking the initiative to update technology systems as they evolve and grow
- Training or experience in the maintenance and support of computer hardware and software in a Windows environment
- Experience with network administration including Microsoft Exchange and Office 365; SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook setup and configuration experience a plus
- Computer help desk or user support experience
- Experience implementing security policies a plus
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Strong organizational skills
Types of Interaction (internal):
- Frequent conversations, in person and over the phone with staff at all levels and across departments to resolve IT support issues
- Communication with the IT Director and staff regarding priorities, status of projects, and joint resolution of issues
- Written communication, typically through email, but also through intranet posts or documentation
Type of Interaction (external):
- Occasional interaction with vendors, particularly when new products or services are being considered.
- This job operates largely in a normal office environment protected from outside weather conditions but is exposed to varying temperatures in store and warehouse environments.
- This role requires the ability to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- This role requires close visual acuity and use of limbs to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, finger, and grasp objects of varying size and texture. Standing and walking for short periods of time and both hearing and talking abilities are required.