Please login/register to apply for this job.
7 Feb 2019
Lighting/Stage Design Associate
LIGHTING/STAGE DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Contributes to ministry environments by creating and maintaining lighting and stage elements that are stimulating, inspirational, and attractive. This person reports to the Production Director.
Hourly position, flexible hours Sunday through Thursdays. Includes some nights and weekends, and will average about 32 hours/week.
Experience & Abilities
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of theatrical lighting design.
- Experience: Theatrical/Concert lighting experience required. Set design/construction experience required. Experience with console programming and operation, DMX (ART-NET,/Streaming ACN), and Vectorworks or CADD software. Basic audio and video knowledge/experience preferred. Comfortable running lifts and working in catwalk (not afraid of heights).
- License/Certification: Valid PA driver’s license.
- Specific Abilities: Ability to function independently. Good time management. Utilize good judgment and problem-solving skills; good technical and multitask skills; a self-starter/self-motivator; is eager to learn and grow; is dependable, a quick learner, and is detailed; possesses good team-leadership and project management skills. Be able to lift heavier weight. A self-motivator who recognizes what’s needed and does what’s necessary to facilitate it. Possesses a genuine heart and interest toward helping communicate God’s heart through lighting and stage design.
What This Person Does
- Receive direction from the Lighting/Stage Design Lead in the design process during the creation and implementation of aesthetically pleasing environments that align with the Worship Center
- Coordinate and implement multiple stage designs and set changes for various ministries throughout the year and prepare for needed changes from week to
- Collaborate with the Production Director and Lighting/Stage Design Lead to develop and maintain the annual stage/lighting
- Recruit and train qualified volunteers to provide coverage for running lights during services and special events as needed, and prepare and implement a team schedule.
- Serve as light board operator a minimum of two Sundays & Mondays each month.
- Ensure that all platform spaces and gear are clean and in order (sweeping, mopping, and painting regularly); and that all stage elements, props, furniture, etc. are on stage and in place for services.
- Complete projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
- Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
- Participate in small group life.
- Tithe to Worship Center.
- Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
Staff Core Values
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
- Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
- Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
- Integrity and character matter
- We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
- Work hard and have fun!
- Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
- Can-do, make it happen mindset
- Self-directed, motivated
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously
- Honest communication with coworkers
- Believe-the-best is the default position
- Have each other’s backs; builds trust
- Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
- We always bring our best
- We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
- Excellence honors God and inspires people
- Empower Volunteers
- Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
- Engaging others is better than doing it myself
- We can’t do it without them!
- People really, really matter
- We accept and love people right where they are
- We will do everything we can to reach people
- We will treat everyone with respect
- People are more important than policy