Main Street Cafe
Responsible for exceptional customer service at point-of-sale area as well as skilled to assist in coffee service. Potential for growth and expansion of duties based on ability and performance.
Part time, 28 hours weekly with varied days and hours between 9am-7:30pm; minimum of every other Sunday is required, with occasional Saturdays for events.
Complete an application
Experience & Abilities
1. Education: Minimum High School graduate.
2. Experience: Previous hospitality, cashier, or food service experience in a food service area.
3. License/Certification: n/a
4. Specific Abilities: Skill in working as part of a team. Excellent communication and interactive skills as they relate to people of all ages. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Operate a touch screen computer terminal in high volume setting. Working knowledge of math and cash handling.
What This Person Does
1. Consistent and excellent customer service at check-out/order counter.
2. Setup beverage service area prior to opening.
3. Set up food prep area with proper utensils, dishes and gloves for serving.
4. Maintain dining area cleanliness according to safe serve practices throughout shift.
5. Assist in preparing and production of all food items as needed.
6. Clean and sanitize station throughout shift.
8. Periodically restock grab-n-go cooler with food and beverage items.
9. Work as a team member with kitchen personnel.
10. Willingness to shift roles as dictated by customer traffic flow/demands.
1. Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
3. Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
4. Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
5. Participate in small group life.
6. Tithe to Worship Center.
7. Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
Staff Core Values
1. A growing relationship with Jesus
• Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
• Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
• Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
• Integrity and character matter
• We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
3. Work hard and have fun!
• Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
• Can-do, make it happen mindset
• Self-directed, motivated
• Don’t take ourselves too seriously
4. Honest communication with coworkers
• Believe-the-best is the default position
• Have each other’s backs; builds trust
• Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
• We always bring our best
• We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
• Excellence honors God and inspires people
6. Empower Volunteers
• Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
• Engaging others is better than doing it myself
• We can’t do it without them!
7. People really, really matter
• We accept and love people right where they are
• We will do everything we can to reach people
• We will treat everyone with respect
• People are more important than policy