This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
7 Feb 2019
Main Street Cafe
Main Street Cafe at Worship Center
Responsible for exceptional customer service at point-of-sale area as well as skilled to assist in coffee service. This person reports to the Food Services Manager.
Part time with a variety of shifts and days.,
Experience & Abilities
- Education: Minimum High School graduate.
- Experience: Previous hospitality, cashier, or food service experience in a food service area.
- License/Certification: n/a
- Specific Abilities: Skill in working as part of a team. Excellent communication and interactive skills as they relate to people of all ages. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Operate a touch screen computer terminal in high volume setting. Working knowledge of math and cash handling.
What This Person Does
- Consistent and excellent customer service at check-out/order counter.
- Setup beverage service area prior to opening.
- Set up food prep area with proper utensils, dishes and gloves for serving.
- Maintain dining area cleanliness according to safe serve practices throughout shift.
- Assist in preparing and production of all food items as needed.
- Clean and sanitize station throughout shift.
- Periodically restock grab-n-go cooler with food and beverage items.
- Work as a team member with kitchen personnel.
- Willingness to shift roles as dictated by customer traffic flow/demands.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
- Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
- Participate in small group life.
- Tithe to Worship Center.
- Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values.
Staff Core Values
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are
- Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
- Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
- Integrity and character matter
- We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
- Work hard and have fun!
- Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
- Can-do, make it happen mindset
- Self-directed, motivated
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously
- Honest communication with coworkers
- Believe-the-best is the default position
- Have each other’s backs; builds trust
- Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
- We always bring our best
- We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
- Excellence honors God and inspires people
- Empower Volunteers
- Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
- Engaging others is better than doing it myself
- We can’t do it without them!
- People really, really matter
- We accept and love people right where they are
- We will do everything we can to reach people
- We will treat everyone with respect
- People are more important than policy