Community Services Group (CSG), is recruiting for a Nurse (RN/LPN) for our Mental Health Services’ Outpatient Treatment Program in Lancaster, PA.
This is a PRN Flexible position with daytime hours, Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates or seasoned professionals looking for PRN hours.
At CSG, Nurses work in the care and treatment of individuals with a mental health (MH) or intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), which may include physical health issues/injuries and difficulty meeting their daily living activities at CSG’s Outpatient Treatment Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not all nurses will be expected to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities.):
- Completes health appraisal on individuals when admitted to program.
- Provides assistance to physicians as needed.
- Evaluates, observes, and assesses physical health conditions.
- Assists individual with any treatments prescribed by physician.
- Ensures individuals receive error free medication at prescribed times.
- Assists in administering/monitoring medications.
- Monitors Vitals and intakes and outputs.
- Administers injections per physician orders.
- Trains staff to correctly carryout physicians orders.
- Educates individuals on medication, physical health, psychiatric health, nutrition, and selfcare.
- Educates coworker’s on any needed physical health matter for consistency in care.
- Works with and coordinates care with pharmacy, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Participates in treatment team as scheduled.
- Completes medication progress sheets daily if regulated by program.
- Provides medication/health teaching as needed.
- Assist/manages medication refills, as needed.
- Obtains medication and treatment needed from pharmacy or medication samples if available.
- Completes medication release forms for discharge, as needed if regulated by program.
- Completes pill and/or narcotic counts on established schedule if required by program.
- Completes and facilitates medication disposal, as needed.
- Completes medication records i.e., Medication Account Records, Physician Order Sheets, Nursing Tracking Forms etc. as per established schedule.
- Completes medication record audits as per established schedule.
- Provides First/Aid/Acute care as needed.
- Schedules and attends individuals’ medical appointments.
- Drives van to appointments and outings and assists individuals in and out of the van.
- Assists individuals in community settings.
- Completes reports as per program regulations.
- Provides or directs the provision of nursing care in accordance with the nurse practice act and legal responsibilities as defined by the State Board of nursing.
- Must have a valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license or a valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings and meetings.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.