CSG is looking for a flexible, creative & committed person to help create extraordinary experiences for adults with Intellectual Disabilities (ID). Join our Team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others in Lancaster County.
We are recruiting for a Nurse (LPN/RN) who is interested in assisting individuals with ID and co-existing medical conditions at CSG’s Adult Intermediate Care Facility in Willow Street, PA.
This is a Full–Time (40 hrs/wk) position that offers Medical Insurance (medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage) as well as benefits including, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Career Advancement, and more for those who qualify!
Help us ensure the individuals’ health, safety, and welfare while building relationships and encouraging community inclusion so they may experience life to its fullest. This position will perform nursing work in the care and treatment of the individuals which may include physical health issues/injuries and difficulty meeting their daily living activities.
This position is a great opportunity for new LPNs or seasoned nurses looking for a new challenge in their career!
Duties and Responsibilities (Not all nurses will be expected to perform all of the following.):
- Completes health appraisal on individuals when admitted to program.
- Evaluates, observes, and assesses physical health conditions.
- Assists individual with any treatments prescribed by physician.
- Ensures individuals receive error free medication at prescribed times.
- Assists in administering/monitoring medications.
- Monitors Vitals and intakes and outputs.
- Administers injections per physician orders.
- Trains staff to correctly carryout physicians orders.
- Educates individuals on medication, physical health, psychiatric health, nutrition, and selfcare.
- Educates coworker’s on any needed physical health matter for consistency in care.
- Works with and coordinates care with pharmacy, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Participates in treatment team as scheduled.
- Completes medication progress sheets daily if regulated by program.
- Provides medication/health teaching as needed.
- Assist/manages medication refills, as needed.
- Completes pill and/or narcotic counts on established schedule if required by program.
- Completes and facilitates medication disposal, as needed.
- Completes medication records as per established schedule.
- Completes medication record audits as per established schedule.
- Provides First/Aid/Acute care as needed.
- Schedules and attends individuals’ medical appointments.
- Drives van to appointments and outings and assists individuals in and out of the van.
- Assists individuals in community settings.
- Completes reports as per program regulations.
- Provides or directs the provision of nursing care in accordance with the nurse practice act and legal responsibilities as defined by the State Board of nursing.
- Performs Tracheotomy care if required by the individuals in the program.
- Performs Gravity tube care and feeding for various individuals’ time schedules if required by the individuals in the program.
- Renews physician’s orders every 90 days and review for accuracy.
- Provides routine nebulizer treatment for individuals.
- Provides direct care as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license or a valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Pennsylvania. (Only those with a current license will be considered, if you have recently taken your exam, please wait until you receive your license to apply.)
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
If you meet the qualification and want to start your career with CSG, please apply today at www.csgonline.org!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.