Print Manager & Associate Graphic Designer
Reporting to the senior director of creative and brand strategy, the print manager and associate graphic designer will: 1) manage production of print publications in collaboration with creative team and 2) design new publications, re-design existing publications, and complete creative projects initiated by graphic designers. The print manager and associate graphic designer primarily serves the publication needs of the offices of admission, advancement and the president, as well as departmental colleagues throughout the College community, as referred by the senior director.
Primary responsibilities are:
As print manager:
- Manage and approve print production schedules, print specifications, and adhere to established budgets.
- Oversee requests for bids, customer quotations, and purchase orders for vendors.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Assess pricing, quality, capability, and performance of bidding printers.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure/increase productivity.
- Manage proofing and samples for all print collateral.
As associate designer:
- Consult with colleagues in order to focus their communications needs.
- Develop and submit to colleagues for review one or more creative approaches appropriate to the audience and message; refine (as needed) the creative approach chosen.
- Execute all desktop publishing functions, including page layout, photo editing and retouching, mocking up, and preparing files for output.
- Execute requested changes to existing electronic files in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete tasks/update files initiated by graphic designer.
- Ensure publications are consistent, accurate and adhere to College style, correcting inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities to maintain and enhance skills.
To learn more about the Office of Communications, please visit their website found HERE.