Summary and Objective:
The primary responsibility of the Purchaser is to process suggested orders and create purchase orders for a wide variety of products from a group of vendors to meet the demands of sales. These tasks will help The Buying Group achieve metrics goals. This position works under minimal supervision and must work closely with other Team Members.
- Empty Hooks / Stockouts – strive to eliminate empty hooks by maintaining Inventory Planner settings and Order Points to ensure adequate available stock for assigned Vendors
- Communicate with Buyers and Sales team members on a regular basis to ensure you remain “market aware” and keep in touch with the changing needs and desires of our customers
- Buyer’s List – Process special order items and out-of-stock orders from the Buyer’s List to ensure timely and accurate delivery to the customer – for assigned vendors. Coordinate with Buyer to ensure proper margin protection and freight pricing.
- Metrics – compile data, run reports, maintain metrics data and visibility
- Metrics Application – Use metrics data to understand and improve GMROII through purchasing strategies
- Learning & mastering Eagle systems & Buying Group processes and methods for doing business.
- Ordering – maintain RSOs and place purchase orders for assigned group of vendors. Approval may be required for purchase orders over a certain limit.
- Inventory reporting and clean-up – set up and run monthly or quarterly reports for various data clean-up issues within Eagle, such as store close-outs, discontinued items, descriptions, code settings
- Strategic Ordering Projects – Assist Buyers with preparation for special events, seasons, etc… to ensure adequate stock to drive sales growth. May include reporting and analysis tasks to assist Buyers with making purchasing decisions.
- Data entry – project-based data entry tasks within the Eagle inventory item database
- Order Point reports – Analyze order point updates to ensure best practices and goals are being met
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Ideal candidates are organized and focused – able to complete tasks on a regular basis with consistent accuracy and timeliness. Must also be flexible and be able to multi-task in order to accommodate the varied tasks and changing business demands.
Required Education and Experience:
- Math skills – strong and efficient math skills
- Spreadsheet skills – advanced level skills or intermediate with strong aptitude for growth with training
- Computer skills – documents, databases, presentations – high level of comfort, skill, and/or aptitude for growth with training.
- Basic business metrics understanding for retail environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Purchasing software experience, including order analysis and purchase order creation
- Data reporting software experience such as Crystal Reports or other.
- Retail purchasing / buying experience
This job operates in a professional business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Business casual dress is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sitting for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions related to computer use, speaking, listening, seeing, walking for the purpose of store visits, using eyes, hands, fingers repetitively and reaching with hands and arms.
Very little overnight travel is expected for this position, although team members may be asked to attend trade shows several times throughout the year.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyPlease visit pbzinc.com for details.
- Posted by: Paul B. Zimmerman, Inc. family of companies
- Company: PBZ LLC, one of the Paul B. Zimmerman, Inc. family of companies
- Location: Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
- Location: Lititz
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Retail
- Tags: No Tags
167 total views, 4 today