Sales Consultant – Window Treatments
The Sales Consultant will meet with clients in our showroom to find the perfect window treatments for their style and budget. The ideal candidate will have experience in window treatments but we are willing to train someone with a great eye for color and design who is highly organized.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Help customers with general inquires over the phone and in person.
- Sell window treatments solutions that meet the needs of the customer as well as our installation standards.
- Organizing customer files to JWS standards.
- Excellent time management, the ability to start and close a project quickly and accurately, managing the work week carefully.
- Gain a complete knowledge of all products we offer.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and guide a customer to the correct choice for their needs.
- Support an environment of collaboration among estimating, office, fabrication and installation departments.
- Schedule appointments with potential clients within our showroom.
- Answer calls from customers; keep accurate records, follow-up in a timely manner.
- Prepare project proposal by entering into Quickbooks.
- Prepare worksheets that are critical to internal workflow process.
- Have the ability to adapt to our growing business and actively seek growth opportunities.
- Follow up with customers before, during and after the sale prior to fabrication, to ensure they are comfortable and have a complete understanding of what they are buying.
- When required, go to client’s home or office to obtain measurements.
- Ability to attend tradeshows when requested and keep current with current trends.
- Highly proactive, self-motivated to build a strong sales pipeline, closes business, and creates a solid reference base of clients, the ability to upsell when possible.
- Ability to multi-task, remain super organized and follow process.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (fractions, division, multiplication, addition)
- Accurately read a tape measure and validate product specifications for orders placed.
- Professional, neat appearance.
- Thorough with excellent follow through; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant demeanor, patient and personable.
- Ability to field measure projects accurately.
- Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Excel, must be very comfortable with a computer.
- Ability to learn Quickbooks.
The hours for this position are 9:000 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with occasional hours outside the standard due to client need. The position may require driving a company provided vehicle occasionally; a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and clean driving record are needed for this position.
Disclaimer: While this description provides the general nature of the role, other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management as required by business need.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we strive to hire, recruit, train and promote employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Jackson’s Window Shoppe. Please inform the company if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.