TITLE: Sales Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice-President/COO
POSITIONS THAT REPORT TO THIS POSITION: Sales Representative, Business Relations Manager, Sales Assistant
The Sales Manager is responsible for meeting the sales objectives of The Chamber by researching, developing and implementing tactics to accomplish the organization’s marketing plan. The Sales Manager will work cooperatively with staff leadership to provide input and insight into the most effective methods to execute the sales strategy of the organization.
The position is responsible for maximizing the development and potential of the sales team through recruitment, coaching and ongoing management.
The Sales Manager is responsible for personally achieving direct sales through existing and expanded products and offerings.
In addition, the Sales Manager is required to present and explain the sales performance of the organization to all levels of the organizations and its stakeholders.
- Execute the sales strategy of the organization to expand the existing customer base and presence in the marketplace
- Contribute to the development of sales strategies targeting both existing and new markets
- Personally perform direct selling to existing and potential prospects of all Chamber products and offerings
- Provide strategic direction to the sales department
- Align strategic direction of the organization with the sales goals of the department
- Work in coordination with Marketing to achieve sales and marketing goals
- Develop and maximize the performance of the sales team
- Provide input into the structure of the sales team
- Assist with the recruitment of team members as needed
- Provide ongoing coaching and performance management
- Work in coordination with Marketing staff to collect, analyze and summarize market research, data and trends that will aid in sales strategy, business development and adapting to changing market conditions
- Prepare and monitor various sales reports
- Effectively communicate the information contained within the reports to key stakeholders
- Develop and monitor Sales Department budget
- Establish and maintain relationships with key strategic partners, business and community leaders
- Attend Chamber functions, events
- Represent The Chamber at various community and/or business events
- Attend Board of Directors meetings
- Assist with all other duties as assigned, or as they become necessary during the operations of The Lancaster Chamber.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS:
- Sales experience
- Prior sales management experience (membership organization experience a plus)
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to credibly influence at all levels
- Ability to think and operate strategically and execute the strategy
- Solid analytical experience including the exercising of sound judgement and good decision making using the guidelines of the internal culture and values
- Good planning and organization including the ability to manage a budget and achieve goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools and The Chamber’s CRM database system
- Volunteer management experience