About the NooK
Located just outside of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, the state-of-the-art Spooky Nook Sports Complex offers various sport courts, climbing areas, playing fields, fitness and performance centers plus a hotel and restaurant all within the 700,000-square-foot indoor facility. Spooky Nook Sports is committed to bringing families together through sports, entertainment, and events. If you have a passion for delivering excellent guest service and a desire to serve others, Spooky Nook Sports is the place for you.
About the Position
The Sales Manager position is responsible for developing group room night business for the hotel through active solicitation of identified target markets within the established revenue management guidelines. Works with sales and event team to maximize revenue and utilization of hotel rooms, meeting and event space.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exceed budgeted room night and revenue sales goals by achieving established sales solicitation expectations, sales calls, and site visits
- Establish client base of associations through direct outside sales efforts for purpose of securing business for the complex and hotel
- Enhance current relationships with association and LNR client accounts to maintain visibility and market share
- Target and prospect new business through creative marketing campaigns, cold calls, sales blitzes, tradeshows and networking events
- Identify primary markets such as New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, Harrisburg and Philadelphia and solicit regional, state and national companies and organizations for the purpose of their consideration to host a meeting or event
- Conduct hotel and complex presentations to meeting planners and planning committees for the purpose of developing a booking
- Develop and maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of competing hotel properties as well as attractions available in Lancaster County
- Assist with annual budget preparation as well as monthly forecasting
- Responsible for contract execution with group bookings within established guidelines
- Stays informed of industry trends and happenings through research, networking, and attending industry events
- Represent the complex positively and effectively in the marketplace
- Requires solid proficiency in data entry and computer skills
- Assist with event requirements and on-site assistance as needed to ensure a successful event
- All other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 5 or more years related hotel sales experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language
- Language skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent knowledge of the English language; including the ability to read and interpret written information and speak and understand verbal communication
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the position with any reasonable accommodations as necessary
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and/or weekends
- Dependable transportation to and from work
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, Hospitality or a related field
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public to serve as liaison to high profile members of the community and the tourism industry
- Highly dependable with a history of consistent attendance and punctuality
- Guest-focused/service-oriented; ability to see big picture and impact on company. Supports Company mission as serves as an advocate for its products and services
- Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude towards guests, customers, and fellow employees. Exhibits a respectful, professional demeanor
- Self-starting and motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects/duties at once
- Team-focused mindset; willing to set own priorities aside to help others; contributes to building a positive team spirit and morale
- Trustworthy and honest; takes accountability when appropriate
- Detail-Oriented; Demonstrates a consistent level of accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Ability to remain calm in tense or stressful situations
- Experience communicating with individuals of diverse demographics
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Integrity to safeguard confidential information
- Leadership skills; Inspires respect and trust from others; provides vision, inspiration and guidance. Experienced in setting goals and developing individuals
- Work environment: Upbeat, high-energy sports and event complex with heavy foot traffic and frequent large crowds. This position will primarily work in an office environment.
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be regularly required to perform physical activity that includes moving about the work area, talking, hearing, standing, and sitting for long periods of time while working on a computer. He or she will frequently be required to bend, reach, lift, push and pull. The team member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. He or she is required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Lifting requirements: The team member will be required to lift, push, pull, lower and/or move up to 25 lbs. regularly.
- Noise Level: The noise level in this environment is typically variable.
- Work schedule: The work schedule may fluctuate to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits of Working at the Nook
Working at the largest indoor sports complex in North America is an experience that compares to no other. The atmosphere is filled with energetic excitement that provide an uplifting ambience throughout the facility. The Nook takes pride in its friendly, guest-focused team members that make kindness contagious and help others succeed.
As a team member of the Nook, you will enjoy:
- Free family membership to our massive 80,000+ sq. ft. fitness center, including all the equipment you need to fit almost any training program. Membership also includes all group fitness classes.
- Affordable and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive PTO package
- Paid holidays
- 401k program
- 35% discount on food and beverage purchases at the Sports Complex Smoothie bar, concession stands, food court and more!
- 35% discount at the Nook’s unique sit-down restaurant, The Forklift and Palate (50% off on Tuesdays!)
- 35% discount on all Nook apparel
- Free child care (3-hour increments)
- Discounts on academy team programs, birthday parties, personal training, event space rental, and more!
- Local business discounts