Security Alarm Technician
Select Security is currently seeking a dedicated experienced technician for the installation and service of intrusion alarm, fire alarm, access control, digital video surveillance, intercom and related systems and components.
As a Service and Installation Technician you can combine your ability to solve problems and technical aptitude to create an exceptional customer service experience to our customers. You are invited to join Select Security as a vital member of the team, as you enter this life-long career. As you learn, you can advance through our Technician Advancement Program, where hard work does not get overlooked.
A typical day consists of:
- Installation, Service, and troubleshooting of Security-Fire-Access Control and Video surveillance to residential, small business, and commercial locations.
- Educating customers on the operational systems and maintenance of installed/serviced equipment.
- Managing appointments throughout the day and updating the office, as needed.
- Filling out job completion or follow-up needed paperwork.
What you bring to us:
- Familiarity with key products including, CCTV, Access Control, Security and Fire Systems is helpful.
- Experience within the electronic security or related field, preferred.
- Ability to use mobile apps in the field and work with a remote team to get systems up and running.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and electronic aptitude
- Willingness to learn and grow within our company.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ambitious, honest and reliable.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and can drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Available to work on weekends, some holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
What we bring to you:
- Dynamic work environment within a rapidly growing organization.
- Competitive pay
- Company paid professional industry training
- Company vehicle, gas card, cell phone, and laptop.
- Free security system
- Personal cell phone discounts
- Employee and customer referral programs
- Advancement opportunities through the Technician Development Program.
- Insurance Benefits/Paid Time Off/ Paid Holidays
Select Security is a rapidly growing company, providing service to more than 80,000 locations all around the United States. We specialize in providing life safety and comprehensive security solutions to many of the homes, local neighborhood shops and the large businesses that make up your community. Our company has a passion and dedication to customer service, and for providing our customers with a world-class experience, which is evident in the many awards we’ve received including being named ‘Installer of the Year’ by a national trade magazine. We are looking for top talent to join us as we continue to grow and protect our communities where we live and work.
Interested in a career in the electronic security industry, but don’t know what that means? Visit GetIntoSecurity.com to learn more, and watch our introductory video!