Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Managers have demonstrated a solid grasp of B2B marketing and communications principles in general and Godfrey’s practices in particular. They have proven themselves to be skilled and successful at developing, presenting, implementing and managing plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
The Godfrey Senior Account Manager is an experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic and energetic team player with the ability to stimulate enthusiasm in others. This position requires an organized individual with highly developed communication, presentation, project and program management skills. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation of tasks and task-specific management of others for the overall success of projects and programs.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values (Fascination, Drive, Partnership, and Transparency) into overall position responsibilities.
Client Relationships and Financial Success:
- Responsible for researching, planning, proposing and managing programs, under the supervision of an Account Supervisor and/or Account Group Manager.
- Responsible for growing and managing a group of accounts with sustainable, annual revenue in excess of $1,000,000 (and/or $600,000 in gross income) for full service, or $250,000 in revenue and/or $225,000 in gross income for PR.
- Build strong working relationships with clients and work effectively with internal teams.
- Work with, present and “sell” to a wide range of people at client companies.
- Manage programs and projects, estimating, monitoring internal and external costs, budget control, margin enhancement and billing.
- Maintain the profitable short- and long-term growth of existing accounts; be willing to contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
Strategy and Planning:
- Formulate marketing communications strategy connected to business and/or marketing goals and strategies as expressed by clients.
- Demonstrate success at developing, presenting, implementing and managing tactical plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
- Maintain a billable ratio of 70-80% with a 60% billed ratio by focusing on billable account management and project management tasks.
- Work with Account Managers and/or Associate Account Managers, depending on the needs of the clients, but generally not expected to have supervisory responsibility.
- Embrace marketing communications technologies as they emerge and become appropriate for client programs.
- Practice B2B marketing and communications principles in general and Godfrey’s practices in particular.
- Participate in agency initiatives such as the Venture Teams.
Other Responsibilities (may be delegated):
- Define project details, major deliverables, and milestones; determine tasks and project schedules.
- Maintain and update schedules and estimates to accommodate client/project scope changes.
- Track budget and timeline performance; communicate changes as required.
- Prepare schedules, estimates and proposals on projects and programs.
Education, Experience, and Capabilities
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: communications, marketing, advertising, liberal arts. Foreign language study and proficiency a plus.
- 7+ year(s) of experience in marketing communications with at least 3 of those years working on substantial programs.
- Understanding of, and devotion to, the principles of integrated marketing and marketing communications.
- Experienced or enthusiastic about digital marketing technologies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)