As a Senior Designer, you have strong leadership qualities and a passion for new and emerging technologies, with a range of experience across various creative mediums.
This position is a graphic designer, mentor, solutions finder and a self-starter with the proven ability to manage a client’s design as well as other designers. Candidate must understand user needs and have a strong foundation in web, digital and print design, typography, color theory, template production and overall branding guidelines. You offer brainstorming, concepting and idea presentation support while working in collaboration with a team of people including design, user experience, content, and developer functions. You work with a sense of urgency, make recommendations, take ownership of design, care about the details and understand the importance of deadlines and communication.
All creative services team members are accountable and expected to live the CSO vision and integrate Godfrey’s Core Values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, and Learning) into their overall responsibilities.
- Create work that is smart, impactful and brand-centered
- Transform complex concepts into solutions that communicate with real people
- Work closely with art and creative directors, writers, user experience, software developers, designers, illustrators, and production to brainstorm, concept, design and implement projects in accordance to the assigned client’s brand standards while maintaining the goal and objective
- Independently research, sketch and present ideas as necessary
- Work closely with art directors and writers to ensure that the concept, copy and imagery are integrated
- Educate yourself with any assigned client’s background, brand standards, customer base, market, competitors and other relevant information—and keep that knowledge current
- Design and concept within the assigned client’s brand standards; ensure that any related project completed by a designer also follows the client’s brand standards
- Direct and assist others in completion of a concept
- Collaborate with your team to continually push the creative on their assigned client account
- Actively manage and assist designers in implementing further iterations of related project materials across all client accounts as necessary
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions
- You are a “champion of creativity”
- Keep up with current design and technology trends
- See a concept’s vision through to the end—including handoffs to production designers and programmers
- Stay on top of the necessary specialized skills required to achieve the best possible efficiency and creative/artistic solution
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work that gets results
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design or related field
- Minimum 3 years of agency experience
- Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills
- Proven ability to concept ideas independently and collaborate with a group
- Ability to explain concepts/ideas and design rationale within a user-centered design process
- Detailed knowledge of user experience best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- Up-to date knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite —InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat
- Knowledge of digital design. Ability to write code is not required.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Adobe Digital Publications, Apple iBook experience and use Microsoft Office products is a plus.