Senior Designer/Front-End Designer
Godfrey is seeking an experienced front-end and graphic designer with 3 years of professional experience in the marketing and design industry. Applicants should have proven experience with responsive websites, landing pages and email development (CSS and HTML,) and as a graphic designer with the Adobe Creative Suite. This role will work closely with our creative team to produce a range of marketing materials including Websites; landing pages; email campaigns, online ads, brand development, tradeshow materials, etc. The ideal candidate understands user needs and has a strong foundation in designing for the web and for print including typography, color theory, template production and overall branding guidelines. This candidate is expected to work well in a fast-paced environment, take ownership of design, make recommendations for improvement, cares about quality, and understand the importance of deadlines and communication.
All creative services team members are accountable and expected to live the CSO vision and integrate Godfrey’s Core Values (Fascination, Drive, Partnership, and Transparency) into their overall responsibilities.
- Create work that is smart, impactful, brand-centered and drives results
- Design and front-end develop responsive landing pages; websites; and emails
- Work closely with the Creative and/or Art Director, Copywriter(s), Back-End Developer(s),
- Subject Matter Experts and Traffic in completing assigned projects Actively manage and accountable for all design work on your assigned account(s)
- Knowledge of back-end programming architecture and technologies and integrating them into the design of web projects and mobile applications
- Collaborate with teams and work individually to design a wide range of marketing tactics
- Understand the integration of front-end design and back-end development to ensure a concept’s vision is carried through execution and all applicable brand standards are met
- Create sketches, wireframes, designs and interactive prototypes
- Understanding of the need for cross-browser compatibility and other general
- QC processes
- Educate yourself on any client’s background, brand standards, customer base, market, competitors and other relevant information — and keep that knowledge current
- Keep up with current design and technology trends
- Strive for continuous improvement in existing skill sets as well as exploring new technologies/applications to achieve the best possible efficiency and creative/ artistic solution
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
Education, Experience, and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Front-End/Communication Design or related field is preferred
- A combination of comparable education and professional work experience may qualify
- Minimum 1-3 years of front end, CSS and HTML experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of print and production experience
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Knowledge of design fundamentals and systems, such as interface style guides, responsive design, grid systems and accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of version control, server environments, and CSS/front-end frameworks or an interest in learning
- Ability to maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Proven ability to manage a client’s digital design and provide brainstorming, concepting and idea presentation support
- Knowledge of web design and prototyping software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Edge Animate, XD, Visual Studio, HTML with Bootstrap, Adobe XD, Axure
- Knowledge of PHP and custom theming in CMS such WordPress, Drupal and/or Magento
- Knowledge of/ability to learn a wide range of CMS systems
- Agile/Scrum working knowledge a plus
- Must be creative and possess conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Keen eye for aesthetics, font pairings, color palettes, and creating illustrations and icons – but can also work with other designers to delegate these items
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts/ideas are required.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic, and analytical skills
- Must be able to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.