Senior Front-End Developer
Godfrey is seeking an experienced front-end developer with 3+ years of professional experience in the marketing and design industry. Applicants should have proven experience with front-end design, UX/UI principles, front-end development (HTML and CSS), and the Adobe Creative Suite. This role will provide support for front-end design/ development best practices and standards. This role will work closely with our creative and developer team to produce a range of digital marketing materials including: responsive websites, landing pages, email campaigns, UI library components, wireframes, prototypes, templates etc. This candidate is expected to work well in a fast-paced environment, take ownership of front-end design/development, make recommendations for improvement, care about quality, and understand the importance of deadlines and communication.
All Godfrey employees are accountable for and expected to integrate Godfrey Core Values (Transparency, Drive, Partnership and Fascination) into overall position responsibilities.
- Create work that is smart and maintain guidelines and standards by identifying new/ emerging patterns that drive results
- Design and front-end develop responsive landing pages, websites, and emails
- Work closely with the Creative and/or Art Director, Copywriter(s), Back-End Developer(s), Subject Matter Experts, and Traffic Managers in completing assigned projects. Actively manage and be accountable for all design work on your assigned account(s)
- Understand the integration of front-end design/development and back-end development to ensure a successful execution of each project
- Create sketches, wireframes, designs and interactive prototypes
- Proficient in cross-browser compatibility and other general QC processes
- Actively support our back-end development team
- Educate yourself with any client’s background, brand standards, customer base, market, competitors and other relevant information — and keep that knowledge current
- Strive for continuous improvement in existing skill sets
- Deliver on-time, high-quality and error-free work
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture
Education, Experience, and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, computer science or related field is preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of front end, CSS and HTML experience
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Knowledge of design fundamentals and systems, such as interface style guides, responsive design, and grid systems. ADA compliancy a plus.
- Ability to maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Proven ability to manage a client’s digital design and provide brainstorming, concepting and idea presentation support
- Knowledge of web design and prototyping software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Edge Animate, XD, Bootstrap, Adobe XD, InVision)
- Knowledge in/ability to learn a wide range of CMS systems
- Agile/Scrum working knowledge a plus
- Must be creative and possess conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Keen eye for aesthetics, font pairings, color palettes, and creating illustrations and icons–but can also work with other designers to delegate these items
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts/ideas are required.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic, and analytical skills
- Must be able to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.