Shadek Stadium Front Desk Monitor
The Shadek Stadium Front Desk Monitor assures only authorized patrons use the facilities, provides excellent customer service to patrons and supervises student workers. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours are required.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide entry-point security for the Shadek Stadium by checking patrons ID’s.
- Open and close the Stadium as required.
- Promote and enforce College policies regarding safety and security of the people and property in the Stadium.
- Effectively supervise student workers to assure proper completion of job duties. Schedule student workers to assure proper building coverage at all times during hours of operation. Monitor work performance and prepare student time sheets.
- Issue and collect equipment.
- Summon security or emergency medical personnel as needed.
- Assist with event preparation and other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally launder uniforms and towels.
- Perform facility maintenance duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or relevant prior experience.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to supervise student workers essential.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) mandatory training must be completed prior to working. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.