Team Leader-Special Work Assignment Team (SWAT)
As the Team Leader, you are responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Special Work Assignment Team to include all event services support for conferences, special events, office moves, furniture requests and athletic field preparation. You will prioritize and manage work order requests and employee schedules to meet the needs of the department.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the point on contact for SWAT related matters by working in collaboration with the Event Services Coordinator and/or Director of Event Management to prioritize and complete work orders.
- Oversee setups and assist with both College events, such as Commencement, Alumni Weekend, Orientation/Convocation, Homecoming and student activities, and non-College events, such as trade shows and summer conferences.
- Serve as the liaison with coaches to prepare athletic facilities for practice, games and events. This would include athletic field layout, field painting and maintaining athletic equipment such as goals, nets, hurdles, etc.
- Track and report event support hours for billable conferences and events.
- Help maintain and efficiently and effectively manage college resources as well as make recommendations for additional furniture and equipment needed to successfully execute events on campus.
- Assist Facilities Management where necessary, for example, handling of trash and snow removal.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Valid PA Driver’s license is required
- Valid Forklift license is required
- Commercial Driver Fitness Certification is required
- Prior supervisory experience managing a small work force
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional evenings and weekends as required by events on campus.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.