Technical Support Specialist
Select Security is currently seeking outstanding Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Care team. The ideal candidate will be independent, quick on their feet, and able to provide advanced technical support over the phone to our customers. Excellent communication and technical skills are a must, along with attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team.
We offer exciting, long-term career opportunities in a fun and fast-paced environment. Industry and professional development trainings are provided with future growth opportunities.
**The position hours will likely be M-F or Tu-Sa 11am-8pm or 10am-7pm.
A typical day consists of:
- Answering inbound technician calls.
- Providing advanced technical support via the phone to customers and technicians.
- Logging Technicians in and out of jobs and entering comments appropriately in the database system.
- Track accountability, timely submission, numbers, and purging of service tickets.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you bring to us:
- At least two years of technical experience, including programming and advanced trouble-shooting.
- Two or more years of customer service experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi, networks, and routers.
- Ability to diffuse upset customers and provide solutions to unique situations.
- Strong listening, written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Technologically adept, able and willing to learn our industry and products.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with operating multiple software packages.
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn and grow.
- An infectiously positive attitude.
What we bring to you:
- Dynamic work environment within a rapidly growing organization.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Competitive salary
- Industry Training and opportunity for advancement
- Insurance Benefits/Paid Time Off/ Paid Holidays
Select Security is a rapidly growing company, providing tens of thousands of homes and businesses with comprehensive security, life safety, and home automation and convenience solutions across the multiple states we serve. Our dedication to customer service and providing a world-class experience is evident in the many awards we’ve received, including being named ‘2014 Installer of the Year’ by a national trade magazine. We invite the highest caliber talent to join us as we continue to grow, and help us in our mission to protect the communities where we live and work.