Transportation Engineer (Entry Level)
ELA Group, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Engineer with 0 – 2 years of experience in traffic and transportation engineering at our corporate headquarters in our Lititz, PA (Lancaster County) office. As a relatively small but diverse company, working as a Transportation Engineer at ELA provides the opportunity to work on a wide-variety of projects for both our public clients and our private clients, including commercial, institutional, residential, industrial, agricultural, and athletic facilities.
- Working with ELA staff for the successful completion of a variety of projects, with mentoring from senior staff as needed, and freedom to work independently as skills develop
- Preparation of traffic impact studies and other traffic engineering studies
- Design of traffic signals
- Data collection and sight distance evaluations
- Assistance in preparation of PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit Plans and other highway design plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering
- I.T. preferred
- 0 – 2 years of experience
- Desire to gain experience in multiple facets of transportation engineering and to grow into project management role
- Experience with PennDOT standards and guidelines a plus
- Experience using capacity analysis and other traffic analysis software packages preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish common goals
ELA offers a competitive benefit package, which includes: vacation and sick leave, flexible workdays, 401k plan, exceptional health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances.