We are looking for exceptional visual merchandising talent! This is a unique opportunity for someone with unbridled creative vision to push the limits of creativity and help us improve our stores. The ideal candidate will possess experience curating retail shops for a cutting-edge lifestyle brand and be able to show expertise through a creative portfolio. Experience with lighting and/or exhibition display experience is a big plus. Come be a part of our creative journey!
The Visual Merchandiser utilizes exceptional skills in fashion, specialty and lifestyle merchandising to develop merchandising strategies that respond to selling trends, assortment needs and customer feedback. As an artist and a storyteller, the Visual Merchandiser will create store window displays and in-store presentations that maintain brand consistency while pushing forward transformational ideas.
Visual Merchandising Manager
Vision and Strategy – 40%
- Create the unique Ten Thousand Villages look that helps transform store experience and align with the organization’s brand and product direction
- Continually provide direction for the future of Visual Merchandising in a changing retail market by evaluating trends and keeping the “look” fresh so Ten Thousand Villages maintains a dynamic and unique edge in the marketplace
- Investigate products and traditions from countries around the world to incorporate into graphic designs
- Manage product placement strategy that is reflective of trend, reinforces brand messaging, and inspires the customer
Coordination and Planning – 30%
- With the Visual Merchandising Manager, provide strategic leadership in implementing all point of purchase displays, store signage, promotional displays, windows, and seasonal floor concepts
- In partnership with product merchandiser and store management, continually analyze and respond to selling trends, assortment needs, and feedback
- Help with development of training programs and materials for store managers
- Collaboratively develop schematics for new and existing stores, as well as for the monthly visual merchandising update
- Collaborate with the Merchandising and Purchasing teams to develop and evaluate visual merchandising concepts
Existing Store Support – 25%
- Travel to Ten Thousand Villages stores to create merchandise displays as necessary
- Design and set window displays for maximum appeal, set point of purchase displays and manage seasonal merchandise presentations
- Create attractive displays that effectively show merchandise to customers and result in increased sales
- Bring innovative fixturing, signage and propping concepts to life in the retail stores
Other – 5%
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the position’s success and the mission as assigned by supervisor
Full-time, exempt position. Approximately 40 hours weekly, with some evening and weekend hours necessary. Travel outside the office may total 40%. The work focuses on Ten Thousand Villages company and contract stores.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual presentation, design, or merchandising or equivalent experience
- Excellent design skills with demonstrated experience and proficiency in retail visual merchandising presentation
- Ability to translate visual presentation concepts into executable strategies that communicate the Ten Thousand Villages brand, increase customer traffic and guide customers through the store layout to an eventual sale
- Artistic flair for designing lifestyle store interiors and strong product merchandising skills, as well as the ability to juggle creativity with the analytics of selling
- Creative vision with a strong understanding of trend and style that is reflective of the brand
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish with minimal supervision, as well as partner with store management and merchandising staff
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Computer skills in graphics programs such as Smartdraw and/or AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and proficiency with Windows-based programs such as Power Point, Excel and Word
- Experience with lighting and/or exhibition display experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in and strong support of Ten Thousand Villages mission and goals
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move merchandise and fixtures up to 75 lbs., utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must have valid driver’s license; hire is contingent on a motor vehicle record check
Ten Thousand Villages offices and warehouse are located in Akron and Brownstown, PA. Both towns are located in Lancaster County.