Creating Compelling Presenters
Tactical solutions to enhance your voice, create better content, and win over your audience
BEGINS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19 | 9 am-12 pm | $995 | Click here to register
The ability to create a compelling presentation and deliver it in a way that will resonate with your listeners and leave them energized, engaged and ready to take action can be learned. Seventy-five percent of those who give presentations say they would like to be better at presenting and to ‘captivate the audience.’ Would you like to do better, too? Gain the confidence and skills to step away from the podium, actively converse with your audience (rather than read slides) and create positive, win-win experiences. In a non-threatening environment, you’ll receive specific, constructive feedback on your presence, voice, content and more that you can immediately use to improve your next presentation.
Course content includes:
- The impact of your voice and why it matters
- Elements of content and storytelling
- Identifying and improving the qualities of your delivery mechanics
- Tips on how to better engage your audience, especially if they’re not listening!
- Mastering relaxation and focusing techniques
- What to do when something goes wrong
- And more!
You’ll also acquire the information and skills you need to:
- Manage negative self-talk and pre-stage jitters
- Develop content that guides the audience to the conclusion you want
- Evolve your “stage presence” and connect emotionally
- Pre-assessment to determine your individual objectives for the course
- Individualized feedback after every session pertaining to your objectives
- A final evaluation specifying your achievements and areas for continued growth
- A recording of each of your presentations
Who Should Attend: Anyone who needs to confidently convey information in front of a group, including Business Owners and Executives, Sales and Business Development professionals, Consultants, Attorneys, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers, Agency/Creative professionals, Human Resources professionals, Young Professionals…
Sept 19 – The Five Pebbles
- Overview, introductions & objectives
- Feedback etiquette
- Presentations begin!
Sept 26 – Bringing Your “A” Game
- How you see yourself vs. how others see you – and why it matters
- Managing fears & anxieties
- Turning your voice into an asset
Oct 3 – Kick it with the Content
- Why should anyone listen
- Developing a story line your audience will buy into & follow
- Making a presentation more interactive
Oct 10 – Impressing the Audience
- Adults don’t like lectures or reading slides; why do you lecture by reading slides?
- Ways to engage and involve the audience from the beginning
- The impact of non-verbal expressions on the audience
- How to handle glitches
The key to becoming a more confident presenter is practicing within a safe space; the instructor is skilled at creating a supportive environment that allows participants to gain confidence through practice and participation. Class size is limited to 10 in order to maximize the opportunities to receive personalized guidance.
Meet Your Instructor: Diane Dayton, Dayton Communications
Diane has more than 30 years of experience as a radio, TV and online interviewer and personality. She is a seasoned emcee and voice-over talent for regional and national clients including Hershey, Rite Aid, and Pepsi. As a performer, she knows that to make an impact, how one communicates is as important as what is communicated. As owner of Dayton Communications, she conducts private and small group voice and presentation skills sessions for executives, salespeople and managers, on-air talent, professors, and other trainers, with a focus on crafting an impactful message and memorable delivery. She is also Executive Director LCTV66 and Producer and Host of Cool Jazz Café and Behind the Lines.
What Attendees Are Saying:
“The Presentation Academy was wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve upon or expand their presentation and communication skills. It is definitely worth the investment of time.” Michelle M., Director of Business Services
“The Presentation Academy taught me how to focus and slow down when speaking. I feel more relaxed now when I’m talking with clients.” Ann Marie K., Entertainment Consultant
“I really enjoyed the class, it really raised my awareness of the aspects I need to improve on. The feedback was excellent. It was a pleasure working with you.” Matt W., Investment Real Estate Advisor
“Diane does a miraculous job of aiding you in becoming comfortable with your voice. Began the course with a timid voice; finished it confident and boisterous.” Anonymous